In the dog house

This morning I awoke with the full intention of taking some updated photos of the DH with which I could provide a splendid house tour blog post outlining my favorite spaces of the home. But during our little photo shoot I noticed a peculiar pattern: Stella and Wyatt began photo bombing ever picture I attempted to take. No matter how much I shooed them away, the doodles always found an excuse to slink back into the photos. And I liked it. So instead of gushing about the bookshelf that Heath built or the kitchen we poured blood, sweat and tears into, I bring you a collection of images of the dogs sprawled upon nearly every surface of our home. It truly is the doodles’ house.

dogsguestbedroom wyattoffice stellaoffice office greyroom dogbed stellaguestroom friendlydogs greenlivingroom

Yes, I am attached to our furniture and artwork and wall colors and yadda, yadda, yadda. But at the end of the day, it’s the dogs that make the house a home. Thanks for the reality check, doodles.

11 Comments on “In the dog house”

1. dogsarentkids says:

Oh I want them! And your house is beautiful! Like out of a magazine.

They want to be where ever you are. They make the house complete and I think, make it look even better.

3. nikki says:

How cute! I love the cheerful floppy pups, and bright colors and fun textures in your home!

4. Melanie says:

Reblogged this on …Being UnWritten… and commented:
    I absolutely love the bed spread and the wall color together. Looks perfect! Plus, the doggies are super cute! =)

5. Bren says:

You have great taste, I love all the maps and the globe in your photos but best of all I like your doodle doggies. They think the photo shoot was all about them. So cute!

6. Joy says:

My grand puppies are sndolute photo hounds. Pun intended and inspired by Bryan!!

Love, Joy

7. lcsera says:

This looks like our house, but with doodles instead of shepherds :) Labradoodles don’t shed, do they? All our surfaces seem to be covered with dog hair regardless of how often I vacuum (frequently) or dust (not frequently).

8. Topaz says:

Your dogs are adorable! ;) Mine loves photobombing any attempts at home photography, so just know you’re not alone!

9. suzie302l says:

I love this pics—I can really see the personal touches that went into it. However, the dogs add so much more to it. I can tell they are very happy living there lol.

10. enjoyed the wonderful photos of your pups. they are adorable.

11. handsomesmum says:

I have to pick your brain about your gorgeous fiddle leaf fig plant (the rest of the house is gorgeous too!). How do you keep it so lush and full??? Two of mine have officially died… :(