Bar carts, please and thank you.

Fact: Bar carts are super classy and useful and very grown up.

My mom and my grandfather both have always had these fantastic vintage bar carts that serve as focal points of the house, and I want one. Badly. We don’t keep a ton of adult beverages around other than beer and wine, but what we do have is all stashed away randomly throughout the kitchen. How much cooler would I look if I had a fancy cart topped with high caliber apéritifs, after dinner brandy and other libations? Pretty darn cool, as a matter of fact. It would be very Mad Men of me.

The bar cart at my grandfather’s house.

Oh the possibilities…

8 Comments on “Bar carts, please and thank you.”

1. Mack Hops says:

These bar carts, especially the fancy ones, stare me in the eyes and say “You need a drink!”
    If I had one of these, I think I would need to re-stock it all too often! hehe

2. Niki says:

I have seen some pretty neat looking ones made from no-longer-needed changing tables. They tend to be close to the same height and generally have shelves too.

3. nrflotteron says:

Very Don Draper-esque…Classic. Love this post, thanks for sharing!!

4. Kmom says:

These are very cool and diverse. Saw one just yesterday that was a 50ish painted Chinese motif at the thrift store.

5. Ann says:

These are great! Do you happen to have the name of the stores where they can be purchased?

6. […] and months and months ago I posted about how I have pined for a bar cart for our living room. Why? Because they are fancy and decorative and useful and classy and awesome. […]

7. Thank you for posting this! I’m thinking of getting my own bar cart in my apartment and have been looking for ideas. This is awesome!

8. Renee Brown says: